If you are a degree-seeking international student attending a US post-secondary institution and wish to take some courses at MDC during a semester, you can attend as a transient student by following the steps below.
- Get a transient student permission letter from the international advisor at your home institution.
- Get a transient form/letter from the Advisement Office at your home institution indicating which courses you will take at MDC.
- Apply for Admissions at MDC using the standard college credit application, not the international student application. There is an Admission application fee which should be paid at the Bursar’s (cashier’s) office.
- Bring the transient permission letter and transient student form/letter to the International Students Office at the MDC campus you will be attending.
- After your transient form has been approved, you can create a myMDC account and register for classes. Check the Academic Calendar for registration dates.
When the semester is over…
Remember to request an official transcript to be sent to your home institution. MDC will not send your school a transcript automatically. You can request a transcript by going to the Transcripts page.