1. Complete an Admissions Application
- Apply online
- Send your official high school and/or college transcripts to the Transcript Processing Services Office.
2. Apply for Financial Aid
- Apply online by going to http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. Applying online is faster and cuts down on errors and delays in processing.
- New Students: Select MDC as a score recipient when you take the SAT or ACT, or take our PERT test on campus.
- Transfer Students: If you have successfully completed a college-level English and math course, please see an advisor and bring a copy of your unofficial transcripts.
- Returning Students: Please visit the Advisement and Career Services office to meet with an academic advisor; they will review your record and determine if you need retesting and/or help with course selection.
- International Students and/or Non-Native Speakers of English: Please take the ACCUPLACER-ESL or submit TOEFL scores.
- Vocational Students: Please take the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
4. Create a myMDC Account
- New Students: The myMDC account allows you to register online and access other online College services. Please follow the on-screen instructions here to create your myMDC account.
- Returning Students: If you already had a myMDC account, your username and password will remain the same. If you do not remember your username and password, use the online help tool to regain access to your account.
5. Access Your Student Email
- Because the College will communicate with you via your myMDC account, it is important to check this account frequently. Access your email by visiting http://email.mymdc.net. Use your myMDC account username and password to login.
6. Select Your Courses
- Visit the Advisement and Career Services office at your campus to meet with an academic advisor and go over your class selection.
- Create a MAP: Please ask your academic advisor about creating your MAP (My Academic Plan).
7. Register Your Courses
- Login to MDConnect to search and register for classes.
8. Pay Fees on Time
- Remember to pay your fees by the deadline indicated at the top of your fee invoice. You can view/print your fee invoice schedule by logging into MDConnect.
- If you are receiving financial aid, please be sure to follow up with the Financial Aid Office.
9. Get Your Student ID and Parking Decal
Visit the Student Life Office at your campus to get your official MDC ID Card and parking decal. You’ll need to show a paid class schedule, vehicle registration and photo ID.